I know quite a lot of people who will be starting a new school or college this year and I know how nerve wracking and how much of a change it is going from primary school to secondary school or secondary school to college. I am going to share with you my top five tips that I think should be followed when you are starting a new place (even a new job)!! I know a lot of people that have dropped out of extra curricular activities due to it not being cool or because their new friends don’t do it!! If you follow these tips you shouldn’t have to give anything up!!
1) Be Yourself – this may be quite an obvious one but it is amazing how many people try to adapt their personality to try and fit in or make things out to be better than you are. Sadly you will get found out in the future so from the very start just be yourself and don’t feel ashamed about being yourself either!!
2) Smile at everybody – A smile goes a long way and may even be the highlight of somebody’s day. There is no harm at smiling at everybody and you never know it may lead to a conversation and maybe even a friendship!
3) Don’t be afraid to be nervous – I know that lots of people feel nervous about starting somewhere new but you won’t be the only one. If you don’t know where your class is or what is going on ask somebody, they will tell you. If it is a teacher they will be used to be asked where something is and even an older student has been in the same position as you so can help you out.
4) Don’t try and be friends with everybody – In the real world not everybody will like you, that’s just the way it is. Don’t be disheartened by it and don’t try and force a friendship. You will soon enough make your own friends and these people will be genuine friends rather than fake friends. Making friends takes time so choose wisely and don’t change yourself to be friends with one person!
5) Have fun!!! – I finished school in 2013 and college in 2014 (after one year). I know that school and college years will be the best years of your life where you may make life long friends. Trust me!! If you work hard, be yourself and have fun not only will you have an awesome first week but you will also have an awesome first year!!!
I will be thinking if everybody starting a new chapter in their lives this week and I wish you all luck and success. Remember that no matter what happens in your first week you are amazing and the only person you need to make happy is yourself!!
Blog you Later
I have shared my monthly favourites with you in an age and it’s mostly because I have been so busy! I only have three favourite products this month which isn’t many but I have been using them so much that I had to blog about them. First is the Mickey Mouse pleather backpack which my bestie and I bought in Primark for many outings we may go on with my guide unit! This rucksack is the perfect size and fits so much in but, it is also pretty stylish and is easy to wipe clean with wet wipes if it gets dirty! Next is Louise Pentland’s book Wilde Like Me. I have gotten lost in this book on many an evening and I love the way it has been written. When I’m reading it the characters really come to life and I am eager to continue reading to the next chapter. I have really loved using the Bioré facial products in particular the deep pore charcaol cleanser. I have been using this daily and it has really cleared my skin up and isn’t too expensive either. I have quite sensitive skin but, this product hasn’t given me any problems. Let me know what your favourite products have been this month and what I should try out.
Blog you later