I’m so sorry I’ve been so quiet recently on my site! I am back!! I thought I would start with a what I eat in a day post as I have just joined Slimming World and I am loving every second of being on it!
So where do we begin? Let’s start with breakfast. As you may or may not know I work a job which requires me to be up at half five every morning and out of the door by half six so my go to breakfast are overnight oats!! They are high in fibre, free of fat and full of fruit (granted there are only blueberries in this pot but I had run out of raspberries and strawberries). If you are on Slimming World this would be one free food, one super free food and a healthy option B
After breakfast we move on to lunch and snacks. Yesterday I had two apples and an orange as snacks from breakfast to lunch and then from lunch to dinner. For lunch I had tomatoes with Tuna and sweetcorn (mixed with 1tbsp of mayonnaise) followed by a banana. I also chose to mix up my normal drink of water with a can of Diet Coke (it’s free). This filled me up until I was able to get home for dinner.
Dinner was absolutely delicious last night! I had made the Slimming World cottage pie over the weekend and cooked it last night to share with my mum. It was so filling and full of nutrients, I added more green beans and used some of my syns by adding gravy.
At about half past eight I have my final eat of the day and it is always a HIFI bar. This little taste sensation is the perfect way to end the day and the Salted Caramel flavour is by far my favourite!!
Overall yesterday I had around 10 syns and felt full up but comfortable. I am really learning to enjoy food for the right reasons!!
So that’s it for my first blog post. It’s good to be back and I promise there will be more to come!!
Blog you later
I haven’t done one of these in a long time!! I wanted to share with you some of my favourite products which I have been using over the past month. Product number one is the Child’s Farm Moisturiser, this product makes my skin so soft and has really helped reduce my sisters eczema, it was recommended by my friend who uses it for her baby but it works on the skin of anybody!!
Next up are the John West Snack Pots, especially the tuna ones, these are so tasty and are perfect for a quick and filling lunch on my rush days at work! My favourite has to be the sun dried tomato pot but I think they are all delicious!!
Next has to be my Bare Minerals powder foundation!! This foundation is amazing and gives my skin great coverage without antagonising my skin to much. It is so light and last much longer than some of the other foundations I have used, which have mostly been liquid.
My last favourite for this month has to be Spotify! This app is amazing I love the range of music that you can get through one app and using my daily playlist to be introduced to new artists that I may never have listened to before!! I find it much better than other music apps I have used in the past and I would really recommend it to anyone!
I know this is rather a short post but I promise I will try and get in to posting some more in the future!! I hope you are having a lovely autumn!!
Blog you later,
I know quite a lot of people who will be starting a new school or college this year and I know how nerve wracking and how much of a change it is going from primary school to secondary school or secondary school to college. I am going to share with you my top five tips that I think should be followed when you are starting a new place (even a new job)!! I know a lot of people that have dropped out of extra curricular activities due to it not being cool or because their new friends don’t do it!! If you follow these tips you shouldn’t have to give anything up!!
1) Be Yourself – this may be quite an obvious one but it is amazing how many people try to adapt their personality to try and fit in or make things out to be better than you are. Sadly you will get found out in the future so from the very start just be yourself and don’t feel ashamed about being yourself either!!
2) Smile at everybody – A smile goes a long way and may even be the highlight of somebody’s day. There is no harm at smiling at everybody and you never know it may lead to a conversation and maybe even a friendship!
3) Don’t be afraid to be nervous – I know that lots of people feel nervous about starting somewhere new but you won’t be the only one. If you don’t know where your class is or what is going on ask somebody, they will tell you. If it is a teacher they will be used to be asked where something is and even an older student has been in the same position as you so can help you out.
4) Don’t try and be friends with everybody – In the real world not everybody will like you, that’s just the way it is. Don’t be disheartened by it and don’t try and force a friendship. You will soon enough make your own friends and these people will be genuine friends rather than fake friends. Making friends takes time so choose wisely and don’t change yourself to be friends with one person!
5) Have fun!!! – I finished school in 2013 and college in 2014 (after one year). I know that school and college years will be the best years of your life where you may make life long friends. Trust me!! If you work hard, be yourself and have fun not only will you have an awesome first week but you will also have an awesome first year!!!
I will be thinking if everybody starting a new chapter in their lives this week and I wish you all luck and success. Remember that no matter what happens in your first week you are amazing and the only person you need to make happy is yourself!!
Blog you Later